Thursday, August 15, 2019

You Shall Not Pass!

It was too hot to work this afternoon.....time for an impromptu solo game!

Earl Helgin the Saxon leads an allied raiding party home. Only a band of local British levies bars the way.
After several ho's and hum's I settled on my Elastolins and the Age of Arthur and scenario 13, "Escape", from Thomas's One Hour wargames.

OK, so now that Minnow has left, we can see the whole table. Reinforcements from the wall have just arrived on one flank! Where is Duke Stephen and his knights?

To be continued!

10 comments:

  1. Neat to see some dark ages action on your table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lusted after these Elastolin Prince Valiant figures in the Eaton's toy department when I was young. Early this century opportunity knocked and offered me several chances to get a few, then more then a couple of big lots just when I had cash available, a rare event!

      Delete
  2. Too hot to work, but not too hot to wargame? Sounds idyllic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Didn't last though as some achy muscles and a tardy battle report can confirm.

      Delete