Saturday, January 18, 2020

Intermission

Today I gave my brain a break and used my free time to get a few more units onto their bases and to do a bit more of touching up of the 4" grid.
The Rebel brigade has two units deployed (representing a typical 1870's heavy skirmish line with supports with 2 units formed in column in support.

I did run my brain over some rules ideas though, helped, as so often, by some of the thought stimulating comments on the last couple of posts. Thats one of the reasons I enjoy getting comments in addition to the confirmation that someone is indeed out their.

I'm almost ready for another test game but Saturday Jeff is running another group 15mm Nappy's battle and my old Cossacks will be expecting me!


8 comments:

  1. Ross Mac,

    I never read one of your blog postings (especially those that include your larger figures) without feeling my spirits rise as a result.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob, I should perhaps have written that I was trying to express my appreciation of comments past and potential, not fishing for them!

      Delete
  2. Hi Ross- I certainly like your 54s....and it is OK to take a break and tinker about. Resting the mind is important as you can come back refreshed and easily think up solutions. All the Best. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it often helps to think about something else and let the subconscious mind work undisturbed.

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure I can provide stimulating comments, but I'm definitely out there appreciating the pictures (unless of course you're unconscious is creating all these comments and there is in fact no-one out there at all!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that is a possibility I hadn't considered.....hmm like those voices.....

      Delete