Thursday, June 11, 2020

Seek and Ye Shall Find

After searching through my bits&spares supply this morning, I was momentarily at a loss. Nothing that I found was what I would consider suitable for a lance. What to do?

I expanded the search of course!


Downstairs, in my casting/home repair area in the back porch, at the back of a rarely peeked at, but crammed, 'junk' drawer,  I found 1.5 lengths of rigid florist wire left over from..5?....10?..years ago? Enough for 5 or 6 lances.

Painting has resumed but the figures are complex enough to paint that I am going to do each stand/unit (2 mounted figures) one at a time.

14 comments:

  1. Pleased the you have solved the Lance problem- these look the goods Ross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a plan but watch yourself on such spikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worry! I filed them to a point but not a sharp one.

      Delete
  3. Never throw anything away, you're bound to need it one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I was raised (along with tales of the Great Depression) and that's one of the few lessons that sunk in!

      Delete
  4. The lances are certainly more effective looking than the ones in the last blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The two I painted years ago are staring enviously at the new stout lances!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I like to think it was reaping the rewards of wise behaviour (aka squirreling away, just in case!

      Delete
  6. It's like finding money in an old jacket ;)

    ReplyDelete