Sunday, August 8, 2021

One Done

 Here we see the newly promoted Lieutenant Leadbrane at the head of his old company. Only took him 90 years of service and the loss of an arm and a head but he got there.

He still has a hollow body but with his new promotion, his head is solid through and through. I'm not sure why Britain's put a pale green over stripe on the Argyle & Sutherland kilts, surely the facings, the white hackle, and the grey sporran would have distinguished them from the Black Watch but it does jazz them up a little.  I've given up try to match the shade of scarlet used by W Britain back then though.


I should probably repaint the poor privates, but not this week. At least they are ready to appear on table if called.


5 comments:

  1. Very dashing Ross…

    I have a few of these… they are one of my favourite Britains figures.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have one of my originals from the early 60's. (Now repainted and promoted to Sgt.)
      I saved up and bought 2 individual Highlanders at $0.25 each!

      Delete
  2. Nice having an Officer doing what his men are doing .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've rescued long-battered figures from their 'fixer-upper' inventory. Feels good to finally deal with 'em and get back in ranks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, especially when they are older than me and were treasured by someone else and as such are almost like a "sacred trust".... almost.

      Delete