Friday, August 20, 2021

The Canadian Wargamer Podcast

It's a cool August day with rain pouring down, a perfect morning to listen to the latest  Canadian Wargamer podcast. 


I'm not a podcast person by nature or habit but I will confess to enjoy enjoying this fairly new podcast: The Canadian Wargamer  by  Mike (of The Madre Padre's Wargames blog ) and James (of the Rabbits in my Basement blog) and their guests such as Bob Murch, well known sculptor behind various ranges like Pulp, Flint and Feather and more and Curt  of the Analogue Painting Challenge which has inspired many a beautifully painted figure around the world, not to mention coaxing some to expand their possibilities and options.  

Hopefully listening to this podcast this won't start a trend for me, quite apart from the embarrassing urge to interrupt my computer to join the conversation, I have enough trouble finding hobby time or paying attention to two things at once.

Anyway, have a listen to hear a bit on the hobby in the wilds of "Great White North" : The Canadian Wargamer podcast



9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up, seems a good thing to have on while painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they had been around in the days when I used to spend much more time painting, usually to the radio.

      Delete
  2. Like Norm, I can usually listen toa gaming podcast and still be able to paint; otherwise, commuting is prime podcast time, and you don’t need to do that…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed having the podcast during my July trip to New Brunswick inplace of an audiobook but these days I'm often happy enough to do one thing at a time so sitting back with a cup of coffee and just listening or maybe puttering about a bit is good.

      Delete
  3. Ross, thanks so much for plugging the podcast and for listening to it! Much appreciated.
    If you want to chat with us and have us answer back, we'll have you on as a guest in the next few months, working on the winter schedule right now. Cheers, Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was having some technical difficulties at first trying to control the podcast app on my stupid samsung phone but my new chromebook seems to be able to handle it.

      Just let me know when. The hobby online has come a long way from the 90s and dial up modems.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the link , I usually listen to podcasts whilst painting so I look forward to hearing this one .

      Delete
  4. The goose on the side looks similar to a badge on one of the C-130's supporting us here in a certain Middle Eastern area... with the caption underneath the badge that said "Canucks Unlimited". I think they were from 436 SQDRN. I have listened to the one podcast while I was down in Saudi Arabia. My connectivity here in Kuwait is much worse, but I'll give her another go. I need to dedicate time to listen, which seems to be a bit limited right now. But I like the content so far.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone is on guard but hope you come back safely when the duty is done.

      Delete