Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Every bit counts

Another week with too many calls on my time but, bit by bit, I finished the new additions to Helgin's bodyguard. 

What's next?

4cm Elastolin figures, 4 of them being conversions or repairs.

Well, I  just ordered the new Prince August SYW light troops moulds. I don't need SYW light troops but the kasket heads will allow me to convert the old Wild Geese into 1789 Austrians, the Grenz figures will make great freikorps, and the firing Jaeger bodies will be useful for both emigres and Rev War French once provided with bicornes, roundhats or helmets.

But they won't be here soon.

On the other hand, I am finally reading Fox's The Commotion Time: Tudor Rebellion in the West, 1549 which I bought myself for my birthday last year. I  think I'm going to need more Bills and Bows and guns.



12 comments:

  1. They look terribly dirty and smelly, proper scallywags. Are they for your Prince Valiant battles? Hope so, would love to see more Prince Valiant games here.
    Cheers, Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its my intent to do so. I have plans....no cunning ones maybe, but plans.

      Delete
  2. Nice looking figures , I noticed the new Prince August moulds as well - try to convince myself I don't need them !

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new moulds are fill if potential and I am interested to read what you are planning to do with them. The Elastolin fellows are full of swagger and make a great unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have hopes rather than plans. They need to row across the ocean before I go farther.

      Delete
  4. Two things you can never have enough of. Moulds and loads of figures you've cast from those moulds...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well maybe the latter but then you can always throw them back in when storage gets short.

      Delete
  5. These Elastolin figures look great…
    They are always beautifully animated…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are marvellous sculpts and being hard plastic, super easy to convert.

      Delete
  6. I have the Fox book in my reading pile to look forward to, a little local background for my local area of the SW of Britain and prequel to my slow ongoing Spanish Arma-Dad's Army 1588 / 1595 project. I'm sure the arms and armour knocking around in rusty church and Manor House armouries from then was dusted off for use with the Muster (Elizabethan Home Guard / Militia) against the Spanish. Winston 'Poldark' Graham novel, Grove of Eagles etc

    https://manoftinblog.wordpress.com/2020/10/16/from-black-prince-knight-to-elizabethan-arma-dads-army-54-mm-plastic-muster-conversion/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats only 40yrs later. Not sure the armour would have made it to antique displays by then. Probably some of the militia wete still wearing dad's armour at muster.

      Delete