Saturday, October 30, 2021

Almost There

I'll do last looks in the morning, fix any glaring misses, and then gloss them.      

These figures were a clumsy conversions of my clumsy conversions of some of Rob Dean's homecast  figures which  Rob & I  then had commercially spincast, but they were my first units of unique figures so I have a sentimental attachment to them. Apparently the milliput I had used did not stand up to well to the spin cast mould making process, and melted away losing some of the detail so some of the problems were my early sculpting and part was my choice of material. Still they got me started.

I'm not sure what to do about the bases. When I painted up the first 12 about a decade ago, I was gluing traction sand to the base then gluing patches of flock on top. I don't think I have anything to match it so the choice is to try to match them with what I have or just repaint the older ones green to match the rest of the bases in both armies. That seems sensible and I'll probably do it, but......... 

10 comments:

  1. These will be bonnie fighters I’ll venture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly don't want to be dropped back in the melting pot for cowar-dice

      Delete
  2. They look great Ross - it will be nice to see them in action

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look OK to me - should do the job and that's what counts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Och!" It takes men back: forming 4s right; bayonet drill; afternoon firing demonstrations. In my less lucid moments, I think I actually miss the Citadel Hill.

    ReplyDelete