Friday, November 1, 2019

There's Going To Be a Fight

Time has passed, the Maritime Alliance has landed on the Mainland, established a base camp and set out to drive the Rosmark forces back into the Mountains. Rosmark has had time to regroup and reinforce and General Eh has picked a good defensive position behind the Boinne River.

Rosmark is ready!
After studying the enemy position and sending out patrols to reconnoitre the surrounding countryside,  General Bee has decided to send a detachment of Maritime troops upstream to a bridge in hopes of turning the Rosmark flank or at least drawing off some of their forces.
The Alliance is keen to be at them!
Rosmark has managed to muster 3 squadrons of cavalry, 6 battalions of infantry and 2 batteries. The Maritime Alliance has taken the field with 4 squadrons, 8 battalions and 2 batteries but the river is a major obstacle. Scouts have only found one  fordable area, right in the bend of the river.

Dawn breaks.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a tough fight for both sides. I'm sure it will be a great game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I recognise this! The Boinne River might have given me a clue, just, but it's that final picture that confirmed it. Years ago Jacko and I fought the thing as a Napoleonic battle. A pretty near run thing (but I won't divulge the result), and an interesting scenario.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have played the scenario before but not often, actually I can only be really sure of the ancients version played when I did all of the Red Book scenarios.

      Delete
  3. Ross Mac,

    It's an interesting scenario, and I look forward to seeing how it plays out.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete