Saturday, December 21, 2019

Meanwhile, Back At the Ranch

Idle time approaches!  Hopefully the relief of the siege, well, blockade really, of Fort Henry is near. (See Dominion Day Train Tide and following post.)

In the meantime, amongst other things, I had a quick review of 2019's Toy Soldier games, then I looked at 2018's games. There were some good games in both years but only 1/2 as many games in 2019. It was hard not to question whether or not the decrease in number of games was due to the decision to go from 2 stand, 6 figure, units and the Square Brigadier rules to 8 individually based figure units using various proposed off grid rules which didn't last from game to game. 

I've decided that 2019 should end as 2018 did, with a  Square Brigadier Toy Soldier game. Designing the scenario is in progress.

12 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing it. A great little taster picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds excellent - is the train going to play a part again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, I definitely am looking forward to the development and play of your next scenario. As for the games played, it's not worth worrying over. If you enjoyed the play, if you learned something that you can now reflect on, wasn't it worth it?
    In case I should lose track of time, it is my great pleasure to wish you the Merriest of Christmas seasons and the Happiest of New Years!
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jerry.The same to you.

      As for the games I agree but my point was that I was neither learning nor enjoying the games enough to be eager for more unlike the previous year. That suggested to me that I'd taken a wrong turn.

      Delete
  4. You still manage to play an impressive number of games (and this is a record year for me and I'm nowhere close!)

    Look forward to reading your last 2019 post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, I managed to get all of my official collections on the table this year, a first I think.

      Delete
  5. My impression has always been that you have as much fun messing about with rules as you do playing games ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! My copy of my my 1st Don Featherstone book has alternate rule ideas pencilled in the margin.

      Delete
  6. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete