Thursday, February 20, 2020

All At Sea

So, no, I haven't played my ACW game yet but I did get a game in with my friend Ron using his ships and Osprey's  Fighting Sail  adapted to a hex grid, an attempt by my French to breakout from blockade. Looked good at the end of turn 2 before the serious firing started. No real need to talk about the rest is there?

The big fuzzy things are 3 hex squalls, the DDay obstacles mark recently sunk frigates and yes, I did manage to eventually disentangle my two ships of line.........

I also made some progress on my French Rev forces for Huzzah. Actually more than this photo shows since they are now finished, details, touch ups, gloss varnish and bases painted, but this is the picture I have. 


Its hard when you're too busy playing and painting to finish a game but....

6 comments:

  1. Huzzah figures are coming along really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll go faster now that I have moulds for what I need. Its the conversions that take time.

      Delete
  2. Hi Ross- My friend Greg has a complete collection of these Napoleonic Era Ships...they are very detailed for out of the box models. Your Huzzah force is coming along nicely- will be doing some painting myself soon. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never really played fleet-type wargames since Seastrike many years ago (my wife once played this in an inter-club match - we were one short. Even her opponent was offering advice - she lost, the point for playing was useful and we won the Tournament). Always gone for them as larger scale vessels in skirmish type games. French are looking good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not an area of expertice for me but I was surprised that the sailibg rules reminded me of sailing whalers off the coast of BC and doing Officer of the Watch manouvres many long years ago when I was in uniform.

      Throw in some Hornblower and Aubrey novels, and I felt quite at home.

      Delete