Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Return to Kapelle

 "Milord, I have a clever plan".  

So, there I was, part way through reorganizing my 1812 armies into their original 8 figure companies, gluing them on to 3" wide bases and thinking about a small scenario, when it struck me that I wasn't really in the mood for the War of 1812, what I wanted was to have a not very serious bungle in the jungle. 

So, since a bunch of the Colonial units had already been sorted back into their proper units, and there were still some of the 1812 bases waiting for figures,.....

Almost enough for a One Hour scenario with two bases/units per scenario unit.


There's a little bit more work to do, and I need to pick or design a scenario, but I should have a game on by Thursday.



12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It'll be on the table, might even get played but the playing might be on the weekend.

      Delete
  2. A lovely looking 'heft' to those units, i like that density.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I. That was one of the things I disliked about mounting the figs on individual washers.

      Delete
  3. Looking good. Do have the 'relevant' figures, for instance Bob?

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a lad I always got to Montreal once a year when my father had a skeet shoot there. I always loved going to Blue Bonnets to watch the horses run and we would always have a wonderful meal at Ruby Foo's!
    Fond memories of childhood! Your game looks wonderful, I can't wait to see it on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Ruby Foo's, famous but I never made it there! So many restaurants, so little time and money! Hard to believe its been nearly 50 years since St. Lambert was home.

      Delete
  5. Another very interesting concept here. I'm doing something similar for my AWI armies, except on 2 1/2 inch bases.

    Looking forward to seeing how this plays out...literally, I suppose.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 3" is nostalgiv from my Volley and Bayonet days but it also happens to fit the grid.

      Delete
  6. I do have a question. What of the First Nations and sundry who fought in open order or skirmishing? Are you planning on fewer figures on a base? Also noodling around with Bob C's The Portable Napoleonic Wargame. Because sometimes I want to play Queenston Heights or Crysler's Farm and sometimes I want to play Frenchtown or Maguaga.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you look at the picture above you can see some Riflemen and Voltigeurs skirmishing with 4 figures per hex instead of 8. They have different stats for movement, shooting (and being a target) & melee inc an evade rule.

    The goal for my 1812 games has always been the same but my traditional approach has always been to use the same scale and rules but to use fewer figures for the small engagement which should end up being quicker to play with fewer and smaller units/figures on table.

    ReplyDelete