Monday, January 25, 2021

The War of 1812 and Hexes

 This weekend I took a bit of time to look at my options for fitting my 1812 and 1840's figures to the hex grid and do some experimenting.


Eventually I decided that I want to stick with one base units (essentially a Wing or 1/2 Battalion or a Squadron) but that they need to fill a hex. So.......the infantry are reforming back into their original 8 figure MacDuff companies. This is why they were on temporary bases, I wasn't quite convinced it was right.

As a side bar, I also decided that I have no more interest in reworking my 1840's Colonial troops into War of 1812 figures than I have in building a large native army to fight them. So the campaigns against the Black Fox with his pirates and allies will continue after all. Might even build myself a new Adobe fort and town to fit the 40's.

6 comments:

  1. Single element Basic Maneuver Units is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly on a grid but sometimes nostalgia creeps up and needs to be reminded of the facts of life :).

      Delete
  2. Quite agree, straightforward and looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DBX Elements - I base verything this way. It makes life a lot easier in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easier, but one of my goals was to have examples of various stlyes. Variety, spice of life.

      Delete