Viewer's Choice Celebration MiniCampaign

It has now been over 20 years since I launched "With MacDuff On the Web" and nearly 10 years since I launched my 2 blogs: Gathering of Hosts and Battle game of the Month.

To celebrate the years and the friends and the million hits I've decided to run a 3 game mini-campaign in late October. By popular vot e it will be set in the mid 18th Century.

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Sailing, Sailing.....

Storm day! A tired storm by the time it passed over us but a little extra hobby time none the less .

Martime troops on the move. Official sources deny that this exercise is related to the irresponsible rumours of an impending campaign in Furland.


But how to spend my sudden free time? Poke bamboo splints under my finger nails then set them on fire? Or build a toy boat? I was leaning towards the burning bamboo but there was none available so boats it was.

Well, boat. I did cut four bottoms from foamcore and some slices of cereal box and one day I'll finish the other three. Well I say finish.....its really more sort of slap a few bits together in haphazard fashion using white glue and masking tape and hope that a quick lick of paint will disguise the leaky, rickety, scows as landing barges.



8 comments:

  1. A good way to spend the time Ross -to make little boats- the photo looks great. Assume all in 40mm? KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toy boats not done to scale. They are usually used to carry 40mm figures but the bigger ones have also ferried 54's.

      Delete
  2. Good use of your time! They would pass for 1812 era York boats, which were portaged near my house on the way from Lake O ratio to Georgian Bay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool stuff. Reminds me of my own boat building antics. Still have one in a state of partial completion. Perhaps one day I will finish that sweet little gunboat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Not sure I'd call these leaky scows sweet but they will get the troops ashore.I find these days that anything that takes too long to finish tends to end up 1/2 done so I'm learning to compromise.

      Delete