Thursday, May 21, 2020

We Built This City

Well, town...... ok, village, or at least it will be a village once I finish this house and build a couple more. The point is that real imaginary little metal people live here.....maybe I should stop there and post a picture of some of today's progress.

I could have sworn I kept a piece of white foamcore for the houses. At least the spackle helps. 


I extracted a big blob (technical term) of spackle and tinted it as suggested. Its a little paler than I would have liked but makes it a good base for the green base paint.

Work continues, battle on the weekend is the latest expectation.

C

12 comments:

  1. I look forwards to your Battle on the weekend. These are lovely figures to own- so much variety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, about 1/3 are my own originals which makes them even more special to me.

      Delete
  2. I had to check what "spackle" was! Slap on a load of spackle and the walls looked roughly plastered / distressed (much like my attempts at home decorating or modelling-making!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered and speculated for years, decades! Finally Lepage put a sublabel "spackling compound" on their Polyfilla.

      Delete
  3. Surely rock and roll rather than spackle, go ask Alice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that's what 'spackle' is ! - good old 'polyfilla' - I am enlightened !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to the new label its a "spackling compound". Seems there is a technical difference due to being cellulose rather than gypsum based. (Yes hab to look that up)

      Delete
  5. And the 2020 Architecture Prize goes to......

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Polyfilla" is about as opaque to us Yanks as Spackle is to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete