Sunday, July 5, 2020

An XI (Year 11)

Happy July 5! Its been 10 years and a day since my heart attack and so far, so good!

At last, some proper Revolutionary troops to defend the new way of counting years.

The body is a bit rusty in places and the engine's running OK as long as I don't ask too much, but the control panel is getting a bit wonky at times and I could use having the headlights replaced. Still, it should be good for another decade or two.

However, 3 weeks and a day from the big Six-Five, I still feel that I need to focus on getting the most out of the next decade and that means tightening discipline and doing more with less. If it turns out to be two or even more decades of active gaming ahead, well, nothing lost by focusing, decluttering a bit more  and getting the most out of the next ten years.


But first, there's a battle report to write up.



26 comments:

  1. Ross Mac,

    Ten years on and still going strong! Congratulations ... and I hope that you have many, many more years enjoying your hobby and inspiring others.

    I’m five years (and a bit) ahead of you, and I’m desperately trying to avoid enlarging my collections. I need to rationalise what I do have, not buy more stuff for new projects that will never get finished.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to mention avoiding having to move to a larger house or try to evict some of the non-miniature occupants..

      Delete
  2. Congrats and here's to many more years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. And thank you for all the hot your blog brings to do many of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, Love these old school figures and painting - particularly the striped trousers of the revolutionaries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They remind me of a pair of bell bottoms I wore in high school....

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on crossing the ten year mark! I cross Year 8 in July since my cardiac "event."
    One day, I may consider downsizing and decluttering the collections...but not yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! All the best wishes for the next few decades !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Here’s to many more gaming years ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ross- So glad to hear your going strong there in Canada. I had my Quadruple By-Pass Heart Surgery on April 4th 2020- come out of the blocks pretty strong- last few days have been sleeping a lot and feeling a little lethargic and low energy...guess it is because I've been waiting on my 30 Goblins in 28mm from the UK for 22 Days- I havn't much else to do...I've only three Project at present- MARS 1860, Fantasy and Leviathans -so glad your going well there - and I think I'm about one year younger. Best Wishes. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid the periods of low energy come with the recovery. Stay well Kev.

      Delete
  9. Huzzah! Best wishes for the next ten years of gaming, and then the next ten ...

    ReplyDelete