Saturday, July 18, 2020

Growing Reinforcements

About a dozen years ago I bought a few of the Perry 40mm Border Reivers. Nice sculpts but not the best match for Meisterzinn homecast.


Hobbit cavalry?

The little ponies don't help but I have enough Border Lances for my purposes anyway.

That's better
I think I'll remount them and mix them in with some converted Elastolins as mercenary  light horse for my French army, perhaps converted to mounted arquebusiers which is what they need most. Time to look in the spares box again.



11 comments:

  1. Such a difference between the 2 pics. Yeah, much better fit with the Elastolins in the 2nd pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My poor light cavalry are about the biggest figures with the biggest heads in my 16thC armies. Comes from being first and with master body being a serious conversion of a Meisterzinn body with one of my first original heads, but I can't bring myself to replace them.

      Delete
  2. I agree. Though the idea of hobbits coming into your game does have a certain attraction...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of those cupboards one wants to think heavily before opening.

      Delete
  3. Look better on the bigger horse , once painted think you won't notice the size difference .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The difference with the Elastolins and irregulars is minimal. Its the Meisterzinn based figures that are huge.

      Delete
  4. Wow! that is quite the difference! Scale creep in the opposite direction!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Different manufacturers.The small guys are better proportioned which is often the case oddly enough.

      Delete
  5. Nooooo ... keep the Hobbitses. They're cute :-)

    Regards, Chris.

    ReplyDelete