Sunday, July 12, 2020

Seeking Refuge

It poured last  night then turned hot and humid outside. Luckily, the temperature inside is just fine. 

Hmm, something about this looks familiar.

The  Morschauser-like, "each stand is a unit", approach has many attractions and strong points for me and works great for my 16thC armies but at the end of the day, the trials have convinced me that, for my Toy Soldier armies, I am happiest with slightly larger, named, distinctive, units that can show formations and attrition and develop a history and traditions. (OK its actually me that does that part but its easier when units are fewer and distinctive.) It also gives me the option of using A Gentleman's Wargame.


So, the rules and basing have regressed and the armies are again ready for the test of battle.

5 comments:

  1. Have the best of both worlds - each stand is a sub unit that can sometimes be on detached service. Like sometimes it's DBA, sometimes DBM - one element from a DBM unit makes a unit in it's own right for DBA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precisely. The difference is that the larger units are not adhoc and fully interchangeable.

      Delete
  2. The tradition of units developing traditions has a long and noble history in wargaming and so adds to the fun of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always great to see those Guardsmen on the table Ross.

    ReplyDelete