Thursday, September 17, 2020

Counter Revolutionary Propaganda

 The next unit for my 'A Gentleman's War'  French Revolution 'armies' is underway.

Test fitting of heads to bodies.

I was going to do an emigre/foreign rifle unit in British pay but they all had weird hats of one sort or another that would be difficult conversions that I would have to do one at a time. I was also going to use Prince August cowboys as a start since they have brimmed hats and there is one actually aiming his rifle but it was going to be a lot of work and I'm lazy. So, when I found out that some Hessian Jaegers were still wearing bicornes and long tailed  coats ..... out came the Prince August SYW Prussian moulds and my own French Rev heads mould.


Conversions now done and primed. Painting begins in the morning.

9 comments:

  1. This sort of post of yours always gets me wanting to go out to the garage and start playing with some hot lead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great figures, they will really look the part when painted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiddly head swap but well worth it , think they will look very effective when completed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How big of a mold stash do you have?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) We speak American as well as English. How Big? Sorry, state secret. OK ok, I haven't counted. Collected over 22 years, minus a dozen or so sold off, 3 scales, 14+ "periods", 5 suppliers as well as various homemade moulds of original sculpts. Might be only a 2 digit number but I wouldn't put money on it.

      Delete