Saturday, September 19, 2020

Ready for Duty

 and they're done, glossy toy soldier style.

Hesse Darmstadt Jaegers, 1793

This brings my First Coalition force up to 5 units vs 6 Republican units so the next unit will also be Coalition. I'm tempted to replace the small tricorne heads on my SYW Brunswickers  by Bicornes but might leave that for later and go for a newly cast unit of British line infantry. 

Eventually, my goal is to have a choice of 12 "A Gentleman's War" units per side: 2 cavalry, 2 skirmisher/light infantry, 2 guns and 6 infantry. Then I can branch out to Turks vs French, or go for some amphibious action involving Vendeans or Irish Rebels or the West Indies.

15 comments:

  1. They're beauties Ross, nice and shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great!
    Shiny, as they say in the Firefly universe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid Ross... hurrah for the shiny...
    I look forward to seeing them in action.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly. A few more units I think before they take the field.

      Delete
  4. The new figures look very nice - well done there Ross.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Ross and super glossy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ten year-old boy inside me has his nose pressed to the window pane of the computer, dreaming of battles on the carpet. Well done, Sir!

    Regards, Chris.

    ReplyDelete