Wednesday, September 23, 2020

What Storm?

 Is that it?? I think we've been passed by, no refill of the well, only a few gallons in the rainbarrels, no trees knocking down power lines...OK that part was fine by me. The rain was enough to discourage outside chores so my 1st Coalition column now has six table ready units. 


The Hessians (blue coated infantry) started life as a NQSYW Charge! Company but with a possible future home as Brunswickers in a revived AWI Northern campaign setting which didn't and won't happen. (1758/59 Louisburg and Quebec are back on the menu instead, now that the 30's are gone).  

Hesse-Hantz Erbprince Regiment screened by Jaegers. 


I couldn't turn up anything about Brunswick troops with the Duke of York in Flanders but there are frequent mention of Hessians so I figured if I'm changing their heads I may as well rebrand them. I don't have many sources for uniform but it didn't take long to find a picture of a Hesse Darmstadt Erbprinz Regiment with yellow facings and bicorne. Now, for those who are not Charge! afficienados, an Erbprinz regiment featured prominently. Done! More digging came up with a Confederation of the Rhine era flag for the Erbprinz so I did a rather crude rendition of that and the  revised regiment is on parade, shiny and ready for action.

14 comments:

  1. These figures really have a certain charm, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have grown on me and the French Rev Wars are my favourite H&M era (the global British campaigns esp).

      Delete
  2. Lucky. We were okay, but we definitely got a storm ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ross -
    When I look at what you have here, Ross, I am put in mind of a small 7YW Russian army I bought a few years ago (just because, and the price was right), but have never yet found an OPFOR (Turk, Polish or Prussian). Its only action so far has been to participate in a HotT tournament some 6-7 years back, for which some orphaned advancing figures were painted up as skirmishers (jager).

    I was unsure about these jager, but having seen your fine fellows, I feel reassured that my guys will do.
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As the years go by it seems to get easier and easier for guys to "do". :)

      Delete
  4. A fine looking army , the head swaps turned out well .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did. It was worth the work of making the head and mould.

      Delete
  5. Excellent work, makes me want to go to the shed and swop some heads. I will resist, for the time being. That style of head transforms the figures and shows the potential available...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much easy with the right tools, such a tedious job without.

      Delete
  6. Nice work there on the new regiment and jagers. We had a storm the other night -though not as severe as the Forecast suggested...it was predicted there would be hail- as big as golf balls- but there were none - half an hour of rain from 9:00pm. Stay safe there Ross. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heavy rain on the M6, visibility poor. The figures look marvellous

    ReplyDelete