Click on pictures for larger size. Depending on your machine, you can use your figures to enlarge or shrink the picture, or there may be a '+' on the picture which will expand again and allow you to slide the large picture to see all of it. Click on the header arrow pointing left to go back to the regular screen.

Monday, January 25, 2021

The War of 1812 and Hexes

 This weekend I took a bit of time to look at my options for fitting my 1812 and 1840's figures to the hex grid and do some experimenting.


Eventually I decided that I want to stick with one base units (essentially a Wing or 1/2 Battalion or a Squadron) but that they need to fill a hex. So.......the infantry are reforming back into their original 8 figure MacDuff companies. This is why they were on temporary bases, I wasn't quite convinced it was right.

As a side bar, I also decided that I have no more interest in reworking my 1840's Colonial troops into War of 1812 figures than I have in building a large native army to fight them. So the campaigns against the Black Fox with his pirates and allies will continue after all. Might even build myself a new Adobe fort and town to fit the 40's.

6 comments:

  1. Single element Basic Maneuver Units is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly on a grid but sometimes nostalgia creeps up and needs to be reminded of the facts of life :).

      Delete
  2. Quite agree, straightforward and looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DBX Elements - I base verything this way. It makes life a lot easier in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easier, but one of my goals was to have examples of various stlyes. Variety, spice of life.

      Delete