Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Of Generosity and Memories

I was pleased and gratified to be contacted by Murdoch of the Murdoch's Marauders blog amongst other things.  Bluebear Jeff was a mutual friend although in my case the friendships were largely virtual apart from one memorable occasion too many years ago. He  has taken on the herculean task of finding appropriate homes for Jeff's collections' homes  and knowing that I have a collection of Elastolin Prince Valiant figures and a love of the stories, he offered me Jeff's copy of  "Prince Valiant: The story telling game."


I've only started reading through but various possibilities have already come to mind. One of them could be a series of Videochat Remote games but even if its just inspiration for more of my solo games and a memento of a good man and a friend, I am glad to have it. Thanks Murdoch and Jeff!

9 comments:

  1. That is a nice gesture. I corresponded with Jeff too since we shared an enthusiasm for ECW. I sent him several books while he was in treatment to try to keep his spirits up.

    It is sad to lose a friend.
    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most welcome Ross, Jeff and I had similar attitudes towards the games materials and would rather see them appreciated and used by an enthusiastic player, than simply rest on some collector's shelf.

    Game ON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear that this was passed onto you. Jeff and I corresponded about diverse matters such as fantasy novel set in modern Canada if I recall right as well as gaming. He invited me to join Emperor v Elector and encouraged me in m6 imaginations. I recall the vile Stagonians with affection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see this has found a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was fortunate to have corresponded with Jeff, mostly about running RPGs (he was a "player" in a solo dungeon crawl I ran and I published two short articles of his in a zine I put out). Great to see this book has found a good home and will get some use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its cost me though. I broke down and bought some more of the volunes of reprinted episodes!

      Delete
  6. That's great to find a good home for that!

    I also fondly recall my interactions with Bluebear Jeff (sent him some scans from old copies of The Courier once upon a time). Vile Stagonians, you say? Boo, hissss. :)

    ReplyDelete