Thursday, February 25, 2021

The Time Has Come To Fight!

 Well, to play a wargame anyway.

A detachment of Colonial Troops, supported by Acadian militia and Mi'kmaq warriors, guard the ford.

I want this to be the year I finally turn my attention to the  Conquest in 40mm  (If you didn't  grow up in Quebec, that's short for the British conquest of Canada.  ) and there's nothing like a game to inspire a bit of painting and planning. 

The British approach!

I'm still  putting the scenario together but it, like most, will be an "inspired by" scenario rather than a recreation  of an historic  event.

16 comments:

  1. hey, I heard that besides Louisbourg and Ville de Quebec, there was a super-duper secret French naval base on Anticosti Island to complete the Bourbon's 'Wall of Wood' back then. It incl'd a UFO landing pad near the dockside 'n everything. After the Battle of the Plains of Abraham, well, ...Oh my. I've given too much away already. (Archaeologists are still salting evidence today....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A game is a terrific inspiration for painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see, been a few years since I painted anything for this and figures keep crawling out of the wood work.

      Delete
  3. I do like the photos and the fortifications work really well indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look forward to your 'representative' scenario and collection hitting the table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see the Prince August 40mm back on the table .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ross Mac,

    This looks like an interesting scenario, and I’m looking forward to reading the battle report.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple and straight forward, I'm curious to see if it works.

      Delete
  7. This looks to be very exciting indeed! I can't wait for the next installment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Je me souviens! Looking forward to the game report.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete