Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Sire! The Peasants Are Revolting!

 "You can say that again!" Ahhh, the Wizard of Id! Always good for a chuckle although I still tend to call home made soup "swill" even though I really like it.

Anyway I have painted enough, and thought enough, to reach  several conclusions.


I left the figures John painted as is except a few touchups to help them blend in with the ones I'm painting.


1. Painting a few of the figures has been enjoyable and good for the brain, but time consuming and hard on the back with my current set up and I don't want to do scores of them. 

2. I wish there were more foot soldiers, especially some crossbowmen for the Germans, and it would be possible to make some and cast them but........

3. I can use the same rules as I use for my Prince Valiant figures for playing a few skirmishes.

4. While I am enjoying them thus far, they really occupy the same slot as my Prince Valiant figures. Since I still have lots of Elastolin figures to work on, a backstory, props, scenery. and various scenario ideas, I'm  best just doing up my sample semi-flats, 1 of each of the horsemen at least and probably all the footmen,  playing a quick skirmish then putting them on a shelf to enjoy looking at while I  get on with my regular stuff.

Right, back to work!



17 comments:

  1. But then, the nobility were just as dirty anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a peasant, I can certainly agree that I am revolting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "This pesant revolt is positively revolting! Somehow, someone should somewhat do something about this somewheres at some point."

    >putting them on a shelf to enjoy looking at

    I like to do that too...until I later discover them looking back at me....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh... The Wizard of Id. Brings back memories. While you had the Montreal Star, we had the Lowell Sun, down south in my neck of the woods. Especially with the Sunday Comics, The Wizard of Id was one of my favourites.

    I think it's one of those projects that have no purpose other than to bring back nostalgia and serve no purpose other than to put them up on a shelf and look at them from time to time. And those are fun projects too.

    I think the figures look quite nice.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems odd to be nostalgic for something I never actually had but then there were some plastic Merrymen knights, and cowboys who were just a little bit thicker than these so maybe there is a connection.

      Delete
  5. The figures look great Ross! The knights look so regal and the peasants do look revolting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gonna be some more amazing tales coming from these lads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good

    (I remember that joke from the Wizard of Id - I always thought it was clever and funny)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. If it wasn't for trivial knowledge I'd have no knowledge at all. ha ha
      (my brain does seem to retain trivia better than useful info :P )

      Delete
  9. I can see you have worked flat out doing these. They look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, the Wizard of ID: I'll have to browse through those again (I've got bunches of 'em). That line never gets old!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wait until those peasants seize the means of production and take your paints and brushes!
    Put me down as another Wizard of Id fan.
    Robber: give me your loot!
    Troubadour: hands over his instrument.
    Robber: man, not your fiddle, your loot!
    Troubador: that is my lute!
    Robber: what did you do, knock over a music store?

    Classic.

    ReplyDelete