Thursday, February 4, 2021

Preparing To Fight In The Snow?

No, not really. Its just that this week has been, lets say, a little short on hobby time, so I'm merely part way through the reorg and rebasing of my War of 1812 collection. 



The armies were originally raised between 2005 and 2010 for 'With MacDuff To The Frontier', in 'companies' of 8 individual figures mounted on washers, grouped into battalions of 2-4 companies for the line infantry. 


I painted enough figures for a couple of convention scenarios but then got distracted and eventually moved on and decided to focus on the Old School figures, letting the bigger, chunkier ones go and merged the 1812 figures in with my 1840's ones. Now I am adapting the armies to the smaller table and the hexes and plan to finally fill out my 1812 armies.

Huzzah 2013: Last Hurrah for my 1812 armies, Stout Lads that they were.



But first, I need to paint the existing bases to match the table so I can play a game.   

5 comments:

  1. If it weren't for rebasing, how would we know we're figure wargamers? Looks you're fairly far along in the process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ross, are those S&S 40mm's in the second image? I'm sure they are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well spotted. Painted between 2005 & 08. They are long gone though. Too chunky with overly exagerated detail (ie depth of lace etc) for my taste.

      They didn't mix well with the vintage figures I also had and which I liked better. I ran them side by side for almost a decade, then I decided to find the S&S a new home.

      Delete