Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Patrol Returning SIr!

After that fiasco 2 weeks ago, the British had had to fallback and regroup. The French victory, backed by promises from the Directory that all former slaves would be legally freed if they came in, swore an oath to the Republic, and took up arms, had set back the British cause.  

 Looks like they're in a hurry Sir!

While awaiting reinforcements, and trying to convince London that the failure was largely due to the failure of the Royal Navy to provide adequate support, General Ross (well, looking back, it seems I hadn't yet named him so....) decided to fortify Plum Run Bluff, over looking the road to Newport.

"Well, Gentlemen, best turn out your men."

to be continued........

4 comments:

  1. I do hope you dress in the correct Wellsian style for outdoor gaming 😁.

    I am sure that there are still toy soldiers AWOL in our old garden from when I was a lad… collector’s items for the future 😁.

    All the best. Aly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. in this heat, khakis and a Topi would be more appropriate! Being a Colonial, I figure I can get away with a broad brimmed bush hat.

      Delete