Sunday, July 3, 2022

Year 13

Here we are again on a 4th of July. It is the 12th anniversary of my little heart attack and I'm still here. By default, it is also the start of Year 13 of the rest of my post heart attack life, and so I am continuing my practice of using this day to look at where I am and where I'm planning to go this year. It'll be a short one though since its "Steady as she goes!"

My current collections page has been recently updated so I'll save my fingers and just point to that page: "My current collections and plans"  and confirm that the series of games based on the requests/suggestions that I received in June, will continue with the French Revolution. 

I having been away visiting family, but its time to go home and start preparing for the next game.

My latest great-nephew, a Highland bull.

The 3rd runner up in the suggestion pool was the French Revolution and my plan is to assembly a company of marines and a naval landing party and stage a small amphibious raid on a coastal battery.


A mock up photo from 2016. Its for the wrong war, but there's a shore battery, a small cutter and one of two longboats  for the landing party, all still in the cupboard. Its a start. 

Since the game will be set in the 1790's, the marines will be wearing the white facings worn before they became 'Royal". Offically their headgear at the time was a Bicorne but since line infantry and even the guards were often to be found in round hats, I think I'll  go that route.  

14 comments:

  1. Ross, good to see you still kicking and plotting wargaming activities twelve years after your 'little' incident. I mark the ten-year anniversary of my similar 'little' incident next week. Although 3rd Runner-Up in the survey, FRW was my first choice so I look forward to seeing your troops in action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, my good man, in 2010. Heart attacks are among the few conditons where you may or may not get a "warning shot." Keep up that walking(!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Ross on another year of gaming under the belt and continued good health. I look forward to seeing what you do with your collections this year. I have my own health / op anniversary to be thankful for and know how useful a focus it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent Ross to hear, gaming , planning and good health. Who could ask for more?
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ross Mac,

    Congratulations on your 12th re-birthday! I look forward to many more years of reading your blog and exchanging ideas ... and we might even be able to meet up again oneday!

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on another anniversary - long may it continue !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll look forward to the little hats - and several more years of Ross coverage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done. Looking forward to many more years of inspiration from your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to hear this is your 13th Year...I'm up to two years since having Quadruple Bypass Heart Surgery -and going well....if only it would stop raining then I can do some spray undercoating. Stay well Ross. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 12 years - well done to you. Here's to a great many more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Although not of happy origin, marking the anniversaries since are certainly reason for celebration-- and many happy returns!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's to the next 12 & thank you for the entertainment you have brought to us all as a result of your (rather excellent) life plan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Ross…
    And many many happy returns…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on 12 years and yay for Highland cattle!

    ReplyDelete