Sunday, August 28, 2022

Meanwhile...

What can I say, its summer, there are distractions and errands and sunshine to soak up and outside chores that can only be done when there's no snow and things aren't wet and so on and so forth. 

There was also the issue of sorting out a bag of pieces of little soldiers for the F&IW to be figured out which meant hitting the books to refresh myself and checking for new info so I could decide what to do with the next sample of 3d printed figures so as to not only try them on for size as it were, but to end up being able to fit them into to my existing forces whether I add more or not. 

A Start.

In order to fit in with my personal plans, I took the liberty of making a few slight modifactions of the figures and the resin was so easy to work with that it made me nostalgic for the early 70's when I was modifing 54mm, acetate, figures by Segom for dioramas and vignettes. 

Then it was time to stop and head back outside, chainsaw in hand, well actually, it was such a calm sunny Sunday that I put a ban on power tools and headed out for 3 hours with buck saw and clippers, leaving the big stuff to another day.

Hurricane debris into firewood, an ongoing project,

Hopefully I'll finish up these three tomorrow, and be able to start thinking about a Labour Day Weekend game.

6 comments:

  1. Ah 1 fire wood - keeps you warm twice - once burning it once cutting it up !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Converting a tree into wood piles and kindling for a 1:1 scale diorama. It's all just a matter of perspective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least this year the stacked firewood didn't look like a trench system...

      Delete
  3. Well, gor' bless ya for foregoing the chainsaw and using hand tools to preserve the quiet of the day. If only my neighbors thought that way every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, our closest neighbour is a 1/4 of a km away through the woods and there are only 4 more within a km but my wife was lounging in the sun a few metres away .......

      Delete