Sunday, June 9, 2024

"How'd you get wounded son?" (1)

 "Well, Sir, it was like this........"


"Word has it that the Redcoats are planning something after we captured that bridge awhile back, so we've  been posted here to keep an eye on the enemy while the rest of the army is called up, and ev'ry morning we stand to." 


"I guess the muster of Volunteers is going a bit slow but they'll be fine with a bit of drill and stuff to get them back into fighting trim"


"Well, I thought I saw something moving down in the town but looking into the rising sun made it hard to see, so I just pointed at the town and hollered 'Hey Cap'n I think..' and there was a flash and a "Crack" and that's the last I 'member till I woke up here"


to be continued......

3 comments:

  1. Brave lad: a bit of medicinal gin and you'll be fine. Now gather up your gear and back to duty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope the volunteers will be ready for anything that comes their way…
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice medical viginette , looking forward to more action.

    ReplyDelete