Tuesday, June 21, 2011

MacDuff Meets Morschauser on the Frontier and gets a Tin Heart

The Rosish Army on maneuvers in preparation for the coming summer campaign season.

After a quick run through of the scenario using Charge! mostly to get ready for Historicon but also to double check that its not right for my 1812/Aroostock Campaign. (Its not, at least not played solo on a 5 ft wide table.), I reset the table for a MacDuff game using the Oregon campaign figures since they are part of the same project and based and organized in the planned fashion.

Then I opened up the rules again, primarily to adjust all distances to multiples of 4" so I can use my hex grid to eyeball distances and avoid the heavy weight of a tape measure or the frustration of seeking yet another misplaced ruler when tired.    While there, I did a little of the inevitable nudging, especially where I found things to be getting arcane rather than natural, all minor apart possibly from putting melees back into the "resolve when they happen" mode.

When I was done I felt pretty happy but once again, they appear to be a fairly thorough synthesis of MacDuff to The Frontier and Hearts of Tin. So what do I call them now????

The latest version is available on google docs .

The game will hopefully be played out tomorrow. (My wife gets back tonight after over a week away and I  figure my double shift duties looking after her menagerie and mother should rate 3 hours to myself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment