Monday, March 18, 2019

Go on, have another!

I wasn't going to replay this scenario.
The Queen's Grenadiers easily repulsed the first Rosmark attack.  

Actually, it wasn't until after I had cleared away the troops and the buildings on Friday that I decided that I was in the mood for another game. After a pause to consider options, I decided to reset and play the same scenario using the alternate activation method of just pulling one card to determine who goes first each turn. 
The Maritime Alliance chose to swap the Light Infantry unit for some Grenadiers and put its full weight into the left hook. Rosmark kept the same force but led the attack with infantry this time. The result was the same.
Rosmark decided to leave the village unoccupied and put all of their infantry into the field. The Alliance responded by sending the Grenadiers and mercenaries  over the right hand ford leaving the artillery and cavalry to hold the bridge. 

A charge by the King Michael Carabiniers hit the Grenadiers whose powder had been soaked in the river (their story) and sent them flying back over the ford.

On the other flank the 2nd Carabiniers crashed into the flank of the Queen's Regiment but inspired by the Brigadier's bravery these veterans held together as best they could and went at the enemy like 5's and 6's.  Still the cavalry and the long musket duel had taken their toll and the Maritime advance on their left has been halted. The attack on their right was still in progress but there was faint hope of it taking the town before dark.

The game was beginning to look like a draw but there was just time for Rosmark to make one more attack on the bridge. It depended on luck and timing (aka initiative).  

The Rosish gun was taken as the sun set but the Carabiniers still stood between the mercenaries and the town. The issue was to be decided at the bridge.

Rosmark was revenged.






10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The 1 page QRS isn't a lot to go on but you've got the experience to fill in the blanks and adapt to taste. Always happy to answer questions though.

      I'm ready to work on a 2 page version then start updating the whole thing.

      Delete
  2. Inspiring - particularly liked the idea of getting out the kit for another game - recently, my problem with solo games has been that sometimes I set everything up and find I can't be bothered. Usually OK the next night if I leave them up!

    Looks splendid - exciting report!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like have somewhere to leave a game set up. I find small games best for quickly responding to an urge but it took a long while for me to get my head around them.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic Battle! Thank you for posting the photos. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, what are folks doing now that Blogger is going to be wiped out? What do you plan to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Google maintains that blogger and Pics are not being shut down, just Google Plus so I'm not affected.

      I admit that I did have a wtf moment when I first saw the google+ announcement. I really ought to get around to saving at least a few of my favourite posts and pics off line for my own nostalgic purposes.

      Delete
  5. As always a fine game and a perfect example of solo play at its best. I`m really liking how your games progress: the rules you use obviously suit you down to the ground (bit like me with my FLW). Beautifully rendered, love the minis themselves, and can`t wait to read more next time.

    ReplyDelete