Click on pictures for larger size. Depending on your machine, you can use your figures to enlarge or shrink the picture, or there may be a '+' on the picture which will expand again and allow you to slide the large picture to see all of it. Click on the header arrow pointing left to go back to the regular screen.

Saturday, August 1, 2020

Staging a Marathon

The first wargame Battle report on this blog came early. In January 2010 I made a short series of posts about the Battle of Marathon.




Post 1: Inspiration


Post: First Game (scenario and rules as published in Battlegames 1)


Post : Second Game (WHAB)


  

Here are links to the whole series of post in reverse order (beginning with the final post)  (Click for whole seried of Marathon posts.)

4 comments:

  1. Great illustrations - I can see why you were inspired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit surprised when I looked at the battles in the book from so long ago and then at a list of the wargame periods and armies that I have built.

      Delete
  2. I think Marathon must be about the most gamed of all Ancient battles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Possibly, but I suspect that Platea or Gaugamela might give it a run.

    ReplyDelete