Click on pictures for larger size. Depending on your machine, you can use your figures to enlarge or shrink the picture, or there may be a '+' on the picture which will expand again and allow you to slide the large picture to see all of it. Click on the header arrow pointing left to go back to the regular screen.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again



After a few months without a painting desk, I am again set up and took an hour today to spit out another ACW regiment. A few seconds with an exacto knife to promote a private to an officer with sword and no pack. Eight of these, 4 files in 2 ranks,  would have fit nicely on each 4cm base but the idea is to have lots of regiments as opposed to just lots of figures so I just let it slide.

I still like these old Airfix guys.

6 comments:

  1. Splendid - the old Airfix chaps musr surely count as Veterans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Airfix ACW figures were -in my opinion - some of the best they ever made. They were the reason why my first ever campaign was an ACW one.

    I love the way the unit has turned out.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not believe that these Airfix could be beautiful!You make a great work !! Compliments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work - I haven't managed a painting table yet, though I set up my wargames table the other day. Some of the later Airfix pieces are lovely, I'm still in two minds about tracking down a Royal Horse Artillery set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you gentlemen all for the kind words on these old warriors. I figured a rough & ready paint job for rough and reading fighting toys.

    Not sure about veterans though, more like a green regiment formed from old men.

    ReplyDelete