Thursday, December 3, 2020

Lagg's Lancers

Make and Mend is over. 

I only managed one converted & repainted figure but he allowed me to add a fourth Rebel cavalry unit. Since I also based one existing unit for each side as well as the Dominion's field hospital, I'm satisfied. I'll need to do some work to produce a hospital for the Rebels but I have something improvised for the game.   

The newly raised Lagg's Lancers.
(No relation to Rush's Lancers.)

The reversion to my initial plan of three figure cavalry units had left the Rebels with a spare bugler and officer. The pool of reserves is getting thin but it included the last of the Britain's 17th Lancers that I once bought from Stuart Asquith. His four mates have been in Zululand for a couple of years and I was waiting for one of them to be released for other duties before making a Rebel unit with officer or bugler plus two lancers. Well, the two newly surplus figures needed a job so I decided one lancer was enough.

Tomorrow I will set the table and, hopefully, get to try the big lads on the hexes. (hmm looks like Captain Jinks needs to be reminded to keep his squadron within the grid area lines.)

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Not bad for a few minutes work doing a head swap and partial repaint. (Didn't touch the horse)

      Delete
  2. Shiny happy people indeed who won’t be lagging around when called to fight I’ll wager.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yup. They were amongst the many sets he was sent to review in his column Soldier Box.

      Delete
  4. Just think if Lagg had guards...

    (I once had a unit of cavalry for one of my more sinister ImagiNations, all in black, called the Black Guards (usually pronounced blaggards)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them, and what a heritage!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if they ever saw action elsewhere but they've seen plenty of service here in the last two decades and earned a scratch or two in hard travelling.

      Delete