Friday, December 4, 2020

Rawden Gap: Pt One

After two quiet months, the Origawn and Dominion of Faraway armies were on the move again. General Lannigan decided to make a dash through the Rawden Gap, hoping to bypass General Douglas's main force.
The gap is a break in the ridge that separates the North and South Valleys. 


Unfortunately for the Rebels, General Douglas got early word of the move and marched quickly to meet him. 
 

By mid afternoon on the 4th of Dec, the opposing advance guards clashed at the gap. 
(To be continued)

11 comments:

  1. I really like the dashing cavalry in the last picture.
    The hex set up looks great. I will be interested to read your reflections on hex v square? Will the rules be called “ The hexy Brigadier “ I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,I have preferred the hexes for some years now but have put off tackling the work until I had tge time and mental oomph ( technical term).

      As for the name, that did occur to me as I was adapting the rules. I had off grid rules for all these periods so I am going to go with these. For this lot it'll be The Model Major General.

      Delete
  2. Love the look of the cavalry, I can see the Governor-Generals horse guards.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, 1st recast Britain's unit I bought more than 20 years ago and only finally painted up a couple of years ago. They masqurade as the Director General’s Bodyguard in Atlantica.

      Delete
  3. Cavalry demolition derbies are always good. Looking forward to the update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding stuff, Ross. I'm sure General Lannigan will find find "gold" in between the Rawden Hills...

    He seems to do well enough on my table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing quite like a cavalry dust up - fast and furious, especially like the ones that are over quickly with everyone thinking 'what happened?'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, being the 1870's, on the frontier, they're more likely to gallop up, dismount and open fire!

      Delete