Friday, August 2, 2013

Eleven O'clock and All's Well!


On the banks of the Avon River lies the town of Windsor. Behind its stout walls, the citizens sleep easily. No raiders have been seen yet this year and anyway, the town has a garrison of Roman soldiers from the wall and a troop of Count Hubert's knights. At the gates,  Saxon auxiliaries hired by Prince Vortigern himself stand watch this night and the citizens take comfort as they call out the all's well at each hour.

What could possibly go wrong?

Meanwhile, in a small wood near the South gate.....



17 comments:

  1. Great looking town Ross. I still have to paint my Mighty Fortress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't believe I painted my right away when I bought it at Sheldon's at the turn of the century. Its been useful.

      Delete
    2. It sure is. I always wanted a city wall that ran the length of my table, so I even picked up extra bits. So far one tower is painted,

      Delete
  2. Oh, oh. Methinks all is not well.

    But the town looks great.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Town looks great indeed as do those skulking chaps in the greenwood.I look forward to reading more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's going to be a short delay while I paint up some more Saxons but I'm looking forward to it.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to come up with enough buildings acceptable in a comic book medieval setting but I think it works.

      Delete
  5. Great - a good looking model town - cannot wait for the next chapter.

    Martin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably on Sunday, I need to paint a few more raiders.

      Delete
  6. Pay no mind to the people in the woods, they are just a lost hunting party...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great looking town. Is it wrong to root for the Saxons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You want to root for the eventual winners?

      Not a romantic Celt fixed on losing causes then.

      Sure, my maternal Grandmother was descended from good Saxon stock, root away!

      Delete
  8. That looks fantastic. My next game will be (as a result :-)) a Dark Ages skirmish ...

    ReplyDelete