Monday, March 20, 2023

There Once Was A Troop of Republican Dragoons

 and there will be again ere long.

Prince August SYW Dragoons with Zinnbrigade Waterloo British Dragoon heads.

In addition, I finally broke down, gave in to temptation, and ordered a pair of Irregular kneeling camels to give the Mamluke column some firepower once I've added swivel guns and crews. Each stand can replace a stand of Mamlukes....(-sneaky eh?)  and give the player commanding the Mamlukes some firepower.

OK This guy is a Persian but I found a reference to some Turkish/Mamluke cavalry being supported by camel guns during Bonaparte's Syrian campaign. Close enough for me.

Oh, and I'll have to add light artillery to the weapons chart.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, that camel artillery will be very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With artillery, a hot fire is what one usually wants, but sometimes 'cool' is good.

      Delete
  2. Like the camel idea. But then, I would :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They should make for an entertaining unit…
    I must say … I can’t imagine a camel putting up with all that booming and blasting…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh but camels are "cool" take more than a little bang to put them off their cud.

      Delete
  4. I could never work out if they would get a second attempt at firing the cannon , surely the camel would be half a mile away by then !?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently they are as nonchalant and zoned out as I am.

      Delete