Click on pictures for larger size. Depending on your machine, you can use your figures to enlarge or shrink the picture, or there may be a '+' on the picture which will expand again and allow you to slide the large picture to see all of it. Click on the header arrow pointing left to go back to the regular screen.

Monday, March 20, 2023

There Once Was A Troop of Republican Dragoons

 and there will be again ere long.

Prince August SYW Dragoons with Zinnbrigade Waterloo British Dragoon heads.

In addition, I finally broke down, gave in to temptation, and ordered a pair of Irregular kneeling camels to give the Mamluke column some firepower once I've added swivel guns and crews. Each stand can replace a stand of Mamlukes....(-sneaky eh?)  and give the player commanding the Mamlukes some firepower.

OK This guy is a Persian but I found a reference to some Turkish/Mamluke cavalry being supported by camel guns during Bonaparte's Syrian campaign. Close enough for me.

Oh, and I'll have to add light artillery to the weapons chart.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, that camel artillery will be very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With artillery, a hot fire is what one usually wants, but sometimes 'cool' is good.

      Delete
  2. Like the camel idea. But then, I would :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They should make for an entertaining unit…
    I must say … I can’t imagine a camel putting up with all that booming and blasting…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh but camels are "cool" take more than a little bang to put them off their cud.

      Delete
  4. I could never work out if they would get a second attempt at firing the cannon , surely the camel would be half a mile away by then !?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently they are as nonchalant and zoned out as I am.

      Delete