I would really like to find a way to do this without changing existing firing/melee mechanisms but without needing rosters by any other name. There have been a lot of good ideas fed into the idea grinder and here is another experimental sausage coming out for tasting. I actually nibbled on it last night, but have adjusted the spices slightly and hope to have a proper taste later today or tomorrow. (depends partly on whether or not I go to Mars tonight.)
1. Each unit has a morale value, this being what was used last year: Militia 1, Regulars 2, Elites 3.
2. Whenever a unit or group takes hits, for each multiple of its morale one stand is disordered. (this is going to be harder to explain than it will be to do, essentially dividing hits by the morale and dropping fractions). Remainders are dropped not tracked. A disordered stand will have to be marked in some fashion, a bead, a cap, a small marker die, turn it around, put a casualty behind it etc.
3. If all the stands in a unit/group are disordered, each subsequent disorder will force the permanent removal of a stand.
4. When a unit rallies, a successful roll will remove 1 disorder marker.
5. A disordered stand is -1 for shooting and melee.
I think I'll start with the ACW.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
and the first thoughts of a new day.
Posted by Ross Mac firstname.lastname@example.org
Born and raised in the suburbs of Montreal, 5 years in the Black Watch of Canada Cadets, 5 years at the Collège militaire royal de Saint-Jean followed by 4 in the navy. 25 years with CPC in IT simultaneous with 23 years running a boarding kennel. Inherited my love of toy soldiers from my mother's father. Married with a pack of Italian Greyhounds and 3 cats. Prematurely retired and enjoying leisure to game, maintaining our 160 yr old farmhouse and just living.